Monday, April 7, 2008

The Qquuirrhh.... WHAT?!?!

From time to time I have people ask me what my name means... Well I live at the foot of the Oquirrh Mountains. Thanks to Wikipedia I found this little explaination of what the Oquirrh Mountains are.

The Oquirrh Mountains are a mountain range that run north-south for approximately 30 miles (50 km) to form the west side of Utah's Salt Lake Valley, separating it from Tooele Valley. The range stops at the south shore of the Great Salt Lake. The highest elevation is Flat Top Mountain at 10,620 ft (3,237 m). The name Oquirrh (pronounced O-Ker) was taken from the Goshute Indian word meaning "wooded mountain." The name "Oquirrh" is a Ute Indian word translated as "The Shining Mountains" or "Glowing". Possibly due in part to the ranges appearance when struck by first light in the winter.


Mr. O

No comments: