Monday, May 26, 2008

Stupid stupid stupid people

Me: Thank you for calling How can I help you today?

Customer: I need to activate the new card I received.

Me: I would be happy to do that for you... What are the last four digits of your account number?

Customer: *sounding annoyed* Fine.... Just a second

*I hear rustling thinking maybe she is pulling the card off the letter is comes attached to and then I hear BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Customer: Okay now what is my balance

Me: I need you to say the numbers to me. What are the last four digits of your account number.

Customer: *sounding annoyed* Fine.... Just a second

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Me: No I actually mean you need to speak the numbers

Customer: *sounding really annoyed* I ALREADY GAVE IT TO YOU BUT FINE! It's 4567 (please note this number has been changed to protect the stupid)

Me: For security I need to verify the last four digits of your Social Security Number

Customer: Fine

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Me: Miss I'm a person... I am not a computer so you actually have to speak the numbers to me!

Lets say the call continued like that for a while.... Some people are so damn stupid!

2 comments:

Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Oh my god!!! I don't know what to say...

Mr. O said...

LOL.... That's what I thought ;)