Monday, November 16, 2009

Cold Turkey

My employer is very concerned about the health of their employees. The cafeteria has disgusting healthy choices which have a discount; also a free onsite fitness center, physical trainers, employee and health clinic… Discounted massages, etc, etc. They also have a smoking cessation program which pays the person $300 when they quit. It makes sense financially, because healthier employees cost them less money in insurance and less sick days. Well in the holiday spirit they are trying to help people “Quit Smoking Cold Turkey” and your reward is a free turkey.

Maybe I’ll take up smoking so I can quit and get a free turkey!!! Oh wait… Smoking is bad for you and causes cancer, and I think that starting my addiction would cost more then a turkey. I will stick to my non-lethal addictions of blogging and Facebook.




1 comment:

MomsJournal said...

I think I'd rather have the $300, or do you get both? You can buy A LOT of turkey for $300. :P