Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Politically Correct Annoyance

I've always been a person who is politically correct and doesn't want to offend others purposefully, and appreciating peoples desires not to hear offensive words (like the "N-Word") I don't use it. Recently I've started listening to Slacker Radio at work and the songs played are normally not the radio edited versions, which means I hear some of these words often.

I don't understand how someone can say they are offended when someone refers to them using a derogatory term like that, and then they turn around and use the word repeatedly in their music. Or when attention whore celebrity blogger Perez Hilton can be so supportive of LGBT rights and then refer to someone as a *insert F-Word here*... Oh and I'm not talking about the "F-Word" that rhymes with duck. So I guess it's okay to use the derogatory terms if you are part of the group that finds them offensive.

No comments: