Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Green

In honor of St. Patrick's Day I wanted to do a Green theme for Tasty Tuesday, and since I'm in Utah I picked Jell-O. "In 2001, Green Jell-O was declared the "Official State Snack" of Utah, with Governor Michael O. Leavitt declaring an annual "Jell-O Week." During the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, the souvenir pins included one depicting green Jell-O." (Source) I don't think there is a funner childhood food then Jell-O! YES FUNNER IS A WORD! I looked it up in the dictionary.

Join me next week when we the theme "Frozen" celebrates National Frozen Food Month.

2 comments:

Ms.Behaved said...

Yay for GREEN!

http://behaven.blogspot.com/

MomsJournal said...

State snack? Really? Who snacks on Jello? Maybe all the other states picked all the cool snacks already. :P

Illinois picked popcorn
South Carolina picked Boiled peanuts
Texas picked chips and salsa

Yep all the cool ones were picked oh well. You get Jello.