Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Pasta

Welcome to this weeks edition of CARBSTRAVAGANZA Tasty Tuesday! Pasta is one of my all time favorite foods, and being on a low carb diet you would think it a food of the PAST-A... *waits for the rim-shot*... *keeps waiting*... Okay that was an awful joke, but I had to say it. Well it isn't a thing of the past. YAY!

Normally low carb pasta is made of soy and similar things that taste nasty, but I found Dreamfields Pasta.

"Dreamfields is a delicious pasta with about the same high fiber as whole wheat pasta (5 grams; 20% of the daily recommendation), fewer digestible carbs and a lower glycemic index than traditional pasta. Its delectable taste and nutritional benefits make it a healthful option for people with diabetes and a flavorful, nourishing pasta for the entire family." (Source)


I know people would look at this pasta's nutritional information and think how can something with that many carbs be considered low carb? Well Dreamfields has an answer for that too:

"While the total number of carbohydrates is the same as traditional pasta, our patent-pending formula and unique manufacturing process protects all but 5 grams of carbohydrates from being digested. The Dreamfields fiber and protein blend creates a protective barrier to reduce starch digestion in the small intestine. The unabsorbed, or protected carbohydrates then pass to the colon where they are fermented, providing the same health benefits as fiber." (Source)


I know that sounds like a bunch of weird science type stuff, but I regularly eat this stuff and I've never had trouble. I love pasta and this makes me soooooooo happy.

Join us next week for the Tasty Tuesday theme Green.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.