Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Pie


Welcome to Tasty Tuesday! When working out themes for Tasty Tuesday I looked at many of the National Food Holidays to get some ideas, and today is National Banana Cream Pie Day.

Growing up I never really liked Banana Cream Pie but I would always make it for dad related occasions (Father's Day, Birthday, etc) because it was my Dad's favorite. Since I don't like Banana Cream Pie something else quickly came to mind when I was think about what I should post.

Marie Callender's Turtle Pie is always the first thing that comes to mind when I think of pie, and one of the evils that calls to me when I'm trying to eat healthy. What could be better on a diet then a pie with a chocolate cookie crust, chocolate mouse filling, whipped cream, caramel, and topped with chocolate shavings. It's easy, creamy, sweet, and.... *drools* Mmmmmmmmmm. Now I want some sugary evil turtle pie. *cries*

Next week don't forget to join me for the theme "Pasta". I've also decided to change the posting time for Tasty Tuesday. With my work schedule I haven't always been able to post on time, so I am going to say that my post will be up by Noon (Mountain Time) on Tuesday. Thanks for joining in guys!

2 comments:

Ms.Behaved said...

http://behaven.blogspot.com/

TURTLE PIE!!

*eats her monitor*

MomsJournal said...

I've never had that before. It looks like pure evil! ;-)