Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Sandwhich

When I remembered that the theme for this week was sandwiches I knew I wouldn't be able to help posting about the new KFC Double Down. "The new KFC Double Down sandwich is real! This one-of-a-kind sandwich features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken fillets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterrey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce. This product is so meaty, there's no room for a bun!" (KFC)Bread, who needs bread? Mmmmmmmm I love meat. Well now you can have your meat, with more meat inside accompanied by cheese and yummy sauce. It' not the healthiest sandwich, which is show by the nutritional information:

KFC Original Recipe® Double Down
Calories: 540
Fat (g): 32
Sodium (mg): 1380

According to the Mayo Clinic "Most recommend not exceeding the range of 1,500 and 2,400 milligrams (mg) a day for healthy adults." So you probably want to stay away from this if you have a blood pressure issue, but what a way to die, DEATH BY DOUBLE DOWN! I guess it's not that bad compared to some other things you can buy at fast food joints. I found this chart on Geekologie today and it shows how many Double Downs are in your food:



I let myself cheat on my diet a little bit while our friend has been staying with us, but once I'm back on Atkins this will be perfect in the grilled form. So head to your local KFC and check this out.

Next week join me for the theme of Latin Food.

No comments: