Thursday, May 6, 2010

Got her goat

When I set up my blog in 2006 I searched for a picture that went along with my moniker The Oqquirh Mountain Man, and I found this cute sketch of a goat online, which fit very well. After all this time of using this picture I wondered where it came from, because I felt bad for using something without giving credit to its creator. After a Google search I stumbled across a blog called Blackwing Sketchbook by the Animation story artist Jenny Lerew. I emailed Jenny and she confirmed that she had indeed drawn this sketch, which was originally posted on her blog entry "My goat, gotten". She was glad I enjoyed the picture so much and thanked me for making an effort to contact her.

This talented artist has worked on some of my favorite childhood TV cartoons such as Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs. She also worked has worked on movies such as Bee Movie, Flushed Away, Shrek 2, and How to Train Your Dragon, which I saw yesterday and thought it was sooooo awesome!!!!! I found these things listed on Jenny's IMDB profile so I apologize to Jenny if this isn't accurate and I welcome any corrections.

Having said all of this I encourage you to check out this talented artist's blogs at:

http://blackwingsketch.blogspot.com/


http://blackwingdiaries.blogspot.com/


I enjoy seeing new sketches and posts made by Jenny and I am excited to continue following her blog.

No comments: