Monday, July 26, 2010

New Journey

I know it’s been weeks since I’ve made a blog entry, but as you can tell by my last posts I have been pretty busy.

When the little woman moved out about a month ago I wasn’t sure what the future would hold for me, and I was apprehensive to start this new part of my life. I had told myself that I wasn’t going to rush into things, because I know people who had lost themselves in the new found “freedom” of an open gay life. The one thing that I wasn’t looking for at all was a relationship, but as a very smart friend of mine said, “Relationships are wonderful things. The best ones are the ones that find you, not the ones you go looking for.” Which brings me to Bob and Michael…

I met the guys on July 4th, and from the very beginning there was a connection which began to grow quickly. As we continued to spend time together (pretty much everyday) I could tell that something more then friendship was developing between the three of us. A few weeks ago we all attended a potluck for a local bear group, and we attracted a little attention when we walked in together. At one point someone asked us if we were a thropple (three person couple), and out response was, "We're just friends". However, when we returned to Bob and Michael’s apartment the throupple comment sparked a conversation about our relationship, and at this point we decided that we were now indeed a three person couple.


Our situation is different, and I can see that many people just don’t understand, and to be honest it’s hard for us to understand as well. How can someone be in a committed intimate relationship with two people? It’s hard to explain, but things just clicked between us and we are all very happy. As our relationship develops I know that we will all grow closer together, and I’m happy to see what the future holds for us. I want to thank these loving men for making me feel like I belong and for being there for me.

1 comment:

Charity L.S. said...

Greg, many alternative relationships are confusing to a lot of people but as long as you are happy it is all that matters. All I can say is go, you!